Friday, September 24

Not sewing related at all...

Sorry, guys, but I need to post this and ask if anyone out there can help me with a bit o' writing.

I'm completely stumped. I need to come up with a name of an organization, here is a rough summary of it. The world setting is fantasy, high fantasy (magic, but not like everyone shoots fireballs and can fly on carpets magic, but just kind of some people can do magic, most can't... think "Dragon Age Origins" if that helps) The organization is evil, a kind of "dark" organization, almost vampire-like. It is a series of families that kind of rule behind the scenes, Mafia-style, but I need something to collectively call them - I can't just refer to them as "Families" or something like that :\

So... anyone have any good ideas? I'm out of them...

If a naming convention helps, here are some things I have set out: my main character is named Ceinwyn (kane-win), another is Siorus (shoy-russ). Cities are things like Et Sharov and An Kimor... so I'm completely all over the board!

Edit: Thank you so much for the help via Twitter, and to my husband, too! We took some of the ideas and went around a corner with them, and the organization now has a name :3 "Abadon" is what we decided on!

Thank you!! <3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry I didn't see this earlier! this sounds a lot like a project that I'm starting as well. I do like the name you came up with for the groups, its fitting. If you need any help with writing, I have a degree in creative writing, lol. I also have a writing tip blog :3

~Laura