Tuesday, November 22

Happy (almost) Holidays!

Life has seemed to take another thwack at us, but luckily, everything is slowly straightening itself out.

About three weeks ago, my mother went to the doctor with some pains. Long, arduous series of tests later, and they found out that she had a humongous tumor in her belly area that needed to be removed. She was promptly taken in for surgery, which lasted twice as long as they told us it would.

Turns out, the tumor was (quoting the surgeon) "the size of a small watermelon."

Just got the results from the biopsy, too - they sent it out to three different labs just to be sure, but it's not cancerous *phew*

I've been the only person around and able to help take care of her (she was cut basically "stem to stern" as she puts it), and that has put a huge cramp in working time. Not that I mind - I love my mother, and I'm glad to help her however I can. It's just that I haven't even checked my email since she went in, much less shipped anything out.

Rectified that this afternoon, however. Shipped a ton of stuffs out. Bought a ton more leather. And holidays are going to kick ass if you're looking for nerdy goods to give to a loved one :3

So, just a quick update from my land, and wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: