Sunday, April 11

Win some, loose some

That is the theme of today. I've had phenomenal success with the obi obi belts embroidering how I want them to (trust me, that is truly a feat - and hopefully not a fluke!) so it stands to reason that something as simple as photographing the belts would be a pain, resulting in much failure.

I've spent the last hour and a half trying to put a kimono on a dressform (luckily, trying to make it stylized, and less like true kitsuke), and then deciding that I needed to use a different dressform (curse me for ever buying those adjustable buggers, they just suck. It's worth investing in a real dressform right away, even a cheaper PGM is better than the adjustable buggers!) and then re-dressing the kimono on that one.

And accidentally tearing the sleeve of one of my more expensive kimono by doing something stupid (pulling on it... I should have known better, I know!)

And then hauling it outside (in fading light...) only to find that the shots I had planned still had buildings in the background. Then getting arty about the shot, and having bushes hide most of the houses, only to find that I'm just not feeling the photos. They're okay, to be sure, but not nearly right.

I'm going to have to try them in the basement, in front of the white sheet. I guess I'll have to wait a few more weeks for things to start blooming out before I can take pretty photos outside again.

So, tomorrow is another day. I'm going to set up my schedule for this week, answer a few emails, and then call it a night - next week is all about a blue and black Heartless Wa-Loli outfit that is on order, so expect to hear a bit about that, since it's all I'm supposed to be working on~

No comments: