Monday, August 2

Phew!

Well, a couple of scary weeks there are finally under wraps - my computer (and my only way to access my email, price list, bookmarks, and photos) was acting really wonky... well, "wonky" doesn't even describe it.

Half of the sites I went to caused a total computer crash with restart (I've never gotten the dreaded "The applications Finder.app can't be opened. -10810" error) and more than half of the programs, too. Not to mention, FireFox was refusing to post information on many sites (I just discovered 9 Etsy conversations that were supposed to have been replied to, that the reply never went through, and about 20 DeviantArt comments and the like...) It was not cool. On top of that, we managed to loose my terabyte block where I store my photos, and I was deathly afraid of loosing almost a years worth of pictures when I ran the disk repair to see what the actual problem was.

That was happily averted Saturday, though, when we finally found the backup drive, I spent forever offloading around 80 gigs of photos and all of those important documents, and ran the disk repair!

Thankfully, nothing major was lost *phew* and now, I can get back to work!

I just downloaded some 450 messages, and around 175 of those were email inquiries for new costumes, or people who thought that I was ignoring them ^^

So, this is going to be a busy, busy week...

But! I am happy! My computer is back, all is right in the world, and that's all that matters :3

2 comments:

Seindria said...

Mine was acting weird too, right down to pretending to be a Widows machine and actually bluescreening on me (just without all the text). I found did the "Offload everything, find my boot disc," and so on... But while I was offloading I found a single, corrupted mp3. Which I got rid of, then I reinstalled the OS.

Been okay since!

Good luck with yours!

Sam // Taeliac said...

@Snowhawk Przhevalsky Wow!! I haven't had a bluescreen (yet... my old laptop did, but it was due to dying video card), and hope to never have one again!

I'm happy you found the problem! Mine seems to have been just some general corruption. I've resolved to actually shut it down at night, and hope that the startup does the defrag thing and keeps itself clean - I don't think I've actually "shut down" the laptop for about six months, and that probably isn't a good thing ^^

Just happy to be up and working, eh? :3