Thursday, May 6

Hetalia : Russia

I have made a new resolution to myself: I am not allowed to buy more fabric until I find something to do with the boat-loads full that I already have. I could open my own shop, there is so much fabric wedged into my sewing room, bins, and on the floor behind my work spaces!

(I think I may just take some pictures later and post to show that I'm not overexagerating the amount of fabric I have hoarded...)

So, one costume I've had a lot of inquiries about has been... well, basically anything from Hetalia. I admit, I know next to nothing, other than the outfits are just awesome (and practical - I'm one for practical costumes ;P)

But, I found I had a bolt of light brown twill I found on clearance a few years ago, and thought "what the heck, this is a way to start up the new resolution with a bang!" and so it began.

I have the jacket for Russia nearly completed - it's lacking closures and a hem, but that's all, and it's really an awesome jacket! I kind of wish I had made it in my size, just to wear this fall... it would make a great regular jacket~

This has, however, given me +1 skill points in bias binding, because of all of the god-forsaken little corners on this thing! I believe I spent more time binding (and then ripping off) the little tabs on it than actually patterning and sewing the rest of the outfit!

I know, a frequent problem of mine is that I get a little too... crazy. Things need to be just so. But, this time, I think it drove me bonkers to the extreme. My floor is littered with pieces of bias strips and ugly tabs that I kept messing up on - it looks like a war zone!

But, it all came together in the end. Now, for the final leg of the project - put the closures on, hem it, and give it a good pressing.

I bet you want to see pictures, right?
Grrr... I don't know why Photo Booth likes to flip images around on me, but it truly is not backwards for the closure (I quadrouple checked it myself, cuz that is something utterly stupid I have done before...)

No comments: